The MUFP condemns the brutal attack by armed police on TV reporter Amitabh Patra on April 29 early morning who was doing his duty of covering an agitation against Lower Suktel Dam in Dunguripali of Balangiri district.
The MUFP demands the following:
1. Immediate and unconditional release of Amitabh Patra
2. Offering him proper medical treatment in a proper place with cost to the state
3. Restoration of his camera and returning the same to him in its original condition.
4. Arrest of police officials who have launched the brutal attack on him
5. Compensation for the injury and for loss of property
6. Release of other media persons including Lenin Ray of Nissan
6. Provide proper protection to media persons on duty in sensitive areas and on sensitive matters.
For MEDIA UNITY FOR FREEDOM OF PRESS (MUFP ), Presidium.
Prasanta Patnaik, Subhas Chandra Pattanayak, Gopal Mohapatra, Rabi Das,
Prafulla Das, Ashok Mohapatra, Dwinjen Padhi, Gourahati Das, Sampad Mohapatra, Dwijen Padhi, Sudhir Patnaik